Here follows a list of foods to help you lose weight. Eat these as opposed to your regular “junk” foods, and you are on the right path. No amount of rubbish should be consumed at all if you want to be healthy and get any lighter.
Some healthy foods that you may not have thought of much at all – These contain little or no sugar. If they do contain sugar, it is natural sugar.
They also contain very little or zero fat. That is much better than eating “junk” right? Yes! It is!
If after reading this post, you wish for more information-
Then check out this link which will take you to 20 more healthy foods.
- 1 A List Of Foods To Help You Lose Weight
- 1.1 White Cabbage
- 1.2 Tofu
- 1.3 So, Yes It Is Super Healthy
- 1.4 Garlic
- 1.5 Watermelon
- 1.6 Sweet Potato
- 1.7 The Potassium It Contains Is Very Beneficial
- 1.8 Black Currants
- 1.9 Red Currants
- 1.10 Pomegranate
- 1.11 These Too Are Very Healthy
- 1.12 Brown Rice
- 1.13 Blackberries
- 1.14 Final Thoughts
A List Of Foods To Help You Lose Weight
That a list of foods to help you lose weight will show you some of the meals, you need to eat to help you to become a lot more healthy. And that is on the inside as well as outside.
This is first on a list of foods to help you lose weight, and for good reason. We have all heard the term “Eat your greens” they are good for you. Well, that is very true of all the green vegetables that we regularly eat and cabbage is certainly not an exception. It can –
- Provide you with cholesterol reducing benefits when it is steamed.
- Has cancer-fighting properties when eaten raw or just cooked for a short time.
- Colon, prostate, and bladder cancer have a common enemy. That is sinigrin, and this is in cabbage, particularly in the Savoy cabbage. It is fantastic at helping to combat these ailments.
Although “White” cabbage is by far and away the most common of the two, let us not forget the red cabbage and all of its nutritional benefits. It is a dark red for a good reason.
That is down to the fact that it contains a lot of anthocyanin polyphenols. It then is yet another one on the list, which means, the red cabbage contains far more phytonutrients than its green counterpart the “white” cabbage.
People are now aware that Tofu has from a health and nutrition point of view, as many nutrients and is just as good for you as soya beans. Considering how good soybeans are for you that is saying something.
- Tofu helps in the fight against heart disease
- It also really helps by fighting against some cancers.
- LDL cholesterol (LDL = Bad cholesterol) lowers due to the soya milk that is in tofu.
- Some women swear by the use of tofu during the stages of menopause. Because it contains a chemical known as phytoestrogen, this helps to stabilize the estrogen levels as the woman’s body is producing very little of it.
So, Yes It Is Super Healthy
So, in other words, it acts as a kind of very weak estrogen which will then help to relieve the menopausal symptoms. In certain recorded cases it has been known to even reduce the hot flush sensation that so many women have to endure.
- For just these reasons alone I am sure you can see why soy-based produce is one of the best foods to lose weight fast? Right?
I interrupt this intro to the list for a moment while you read this.
Do not fall for the rubbish that you hear about cereal bars. Here is a post that you really should read to learn more about them.
The point made I hope.
Onwards we go with some more foods!
- Garlic is a natural antibiotic and is used a lot in homeopathic remedies. Other than the fact that it leaves the person with a bad odor on their breath it is full of health benefits for you! That should also be included in a list of foods to help you lose weight.
- It is well known in medicine, way back in the times of the ancient Greeks and before that even.
- Now some of you may even be cooking with the use of garlic? That will be due to it having a very strong smell and such a lovely taste to it.
I must say however that the primary use of the garlic “bulb” was for its medicinal properties in times long past! For example, the Romans, The Greeks And the Chinese even used it, so, people use it for the lengthiest of times.
Now, the watermelon is something that a lot of people have heard of but do not know anything about the benefits eating it can have one the body and your weight.
- The Antioxidant Lycopene is present in the watermelon far more than in Any other food. Lycopene is exceptionally good for you as all antioxidants are. If you wish to read a little more on antioxidants and get over 150 juicing recipes, please visit the box in te top right of this page to do so. Lycopene is very favorable towards the prevention of strokes.
- Also drinking watermelon before a workout may help to relieve any muscle soreness which may develop. However, you must be careful when drinking watermelon juice as it has a high concentration of fructose (Natural sugar) You may be wiser to eat the whole fruit instead.
- You can eat the rind and seeds if you wish for proper nutrition.
- The extract of the watermelon may significantly reduce your blood pressure.
- It is very rich in Anti-inflammatory substances.
- There are a massive 400 or so varieties of sweet potato, and some of them really do vary in sweetness. It is also good to note that other than the taste the difference between them is in the flesh and the skin color
- They were first discovered as a source of food When Columbus discovered the Americas. Originally from Peru. Their cultivation as foods dates back to around 750 BC.
- Sweet potatoes contain several key ingredients to/For your overall health. The sweet potatoes contain two excellent antioxidants these being copper and zinc; these are in plentiful supply in them.
- They do also contain a lot of fiber, more than twice than the other kinds of potatoes in fact. The stuff it has in it is a high- quality. And it burns calories/energy a lot slower and more efficiently than other lower quality fibers.
- It also contains a lot of potassium which is an essential ingredient as it rids the body of the excess sodium which may have built up. Also helps to lower high blood pressure. Two excellent benefits.
The Potassium It Contains Is Very Beneficial
- Potassium also helps to maintain the CNS (Central nervous system) and the brain which are two essential factors to anyone and their well-being.
- The eating of the sweet potato may also aid in the prevention of cancer as it contains A LOT of beta-carotene (vitamin A) which is a potent antioxidant. In fact, eating a sweet potato supplies the body with an entire day of the RDA (Recommended daily allowance) of vitamin A.
- Sweet potato is also a significant deliverer of the mineral manganese. Now, granted this mineral goes under the radar and is not talked about much at all although it is, however, necessary for helping to maintain a healthy and stable blood sugar level in you.
So why not get a helping hand with this by eating some?
The Well known black current (In the UK anyway) is used in a lot of juices and jams. A great food choice to go on a list of foods to help you lose weight. It is less popular in the United States though on account of it carrying a fungus that kills pine trees. For this reason, that growing them was banned for several decades.
However, having a multitude of health benefits. The black current helps to ease some of the symptoms-
- It contains a lot of GLA. (Gamma-linolenic acid) That it is thought may help inflammation in one’s bodies.
- Can help To reduce joint pain.
- Also stiffness.
- Eases PMT (Premenstrual tension)
- Ease symptoms associated with the menopause.
- You can use it as a diuretic which helps you to urinate frequently, thus ridding the body of any excess water.
- It treats symptoms of a cold, fever and Flu. A perfect food choice to have in a list of foods to help you lose weight.
- There are supplements available to use as dietary aids.
- They contain something called prostaglandin
- . That helps the muscles and blood vessels relax and contract thus it helps to promote a more efficient immune system.
- May also assist in preventing the buildup of plaque in/on the artery walls by “oxidizing” the lousy cholesterol before t his can occur.
Red Currents are another beautiful berry that you really should be eating a lot more. They can be bought frozen all year round or can be eaten fresh during the summer months. Whichever it is, then when they are munched on as part of a well-balanced diet they will prove to be a very healthy addition.
The Benefits of these lovely red currents are as follows –
- Red currants are low in fat.
- Are very low in calories.
- They go a considerable way to achieving your RDA of fiber. They supply 5 grams per cup of the ideal requirement of the 25 g for women and the 38 g for men.
- As well as their fiber content they also contain potassium, and this helps to regulate our blood pressure.
- Red currents also play a pivotal role in the health of our nerves, heart, and muscles on account of the magnesium they contain.
All of these lead me to just one conclusion, YES, THEY ARE VERY HEALTHY.
The pomegranate is one of the foods of choices for many dieters.
IThey nickname it the seeded apple, and it is eaten throughout the world and through history. Even the Babylonians and Egyptians used to use them.
They do come into season in the winter people will say that it officially is one of the world’s most popular fruits.
Aside from tasting scrumptious (very lovely) They have some health benefits including –
- The presence of the antioxidants in the pomegranate inhibit and restrict the growth of harmful cancer cells in our bodies and help with apoptosis (which is whereby harmful cells are killed off)
These Too Are Very Healthy
- As previously alluded to pomegranates contains antioxidants polyphenols. They hold 3, and these are ellagic acid, tannins, and anthocyanins. As we may or may not know, these are all brilliantly healthy to absorb into our system.
- Packed full of vitamins C, K, and potassium.
- The extract got from pomegranate may ease joint pain and offer some relief from the pain which is felt by people with arthritis
- The tiny seeds (called arils) are full of nutrients. Those being antioxidants, minerals and also vitamins.
- In one study, it would conclude –
“PFE [pomegranate fruit extract] or compounds derived from it may inhibit cartilage degradation in OA [osteoarthritis] and may also be a useful nutritive supplement for maintaining joint integrity and function.”
Extracted From The Results Of A Survey. See Below.
You can read more about the pomegranate here
Rice is a widely consumed foodstuff particularly in parts of Asia. The lesser known variety of this being brown rice.
The health benefits of brown rice far outweigh its more common white rice cousin. The include –
- Brown rice is relatively low in calories. (216 per small serving)
- It is high in fiber this foodstuff.
- An excellent source of the vitamin B’s thiamin, niacin, selenium, and B6.
- It also contains a lot of magnesium. It holds 88% RDA in just one cooked cup-full.
- Click here to read the results of a study already published on brown rice.
Blackberries are yet another food that you can eat to lose weight fast. Found very often in hedgerows these tart berries can be used in certain wines, Jams or just eaten straight from the bush. (After rinsing under the tap of course)
Their health benefits are aplenty and are –
- They are prolific (many of) in the USA and were much a part of the native Americans and become a firm favorite amongst the European settlers.
- The fiber in Blackberries helps in the digestive process.
- May also help to lower the cholesterol levels in/of a person.
- A “ripe” blackberry owes its vibrant purple color to its content of the antioxidant anthocyanin. This though has significant cancer-fighting properties, and so, this is an excellent foodstuff to have in a list of foods to help you lose weight.
- It is rich in vitamin A which in this case helps to run a smooth digestive tract.
- There is 0% in trans fats and of the saturated variety, both of which are bad for your weight and your health.
- May reduce the terrible effects of the age-related diseases Alzheimers and dementia. So to get a list of foods to help you lose weight is a great idea, do you understand more?
Please, go here to see more healthy foods.
All, in all I have shown you a list of random 11 best foods to eat and lose weight. Not only can you lose weight when you eat them but, you will become a lot more healthy in the process.
So please. Do yourself a big favor and try to include some of a list of foods to help you lose weight in your diet and, do eat them regularly
All you have to do is to write a list of foods to help you lose weight Have them in your diet. Then all that you need to have is the other half of the solution. In order for your weight loss to be a success.
I am of course referring to the exercise. Go to this link “Home gym fitness equipment” to see some hand-picked items which will rocket you to success with your weight loss mission.