In this post, I will indeed answer the question are seeds good for you? Let’s find out. Because, as we will know, there are lots and lots of good seeds for us to purchase and eat. But, which ones will honestly be of any benefit to us, and which ones are pretty much pointless even to eat?
Now, the seed is often thrown away, yet the seed is the “embryo” of the plant if you like. That is such a shame as it is the seed which contains most of the valuable nutrients. The kind that WILL be of great benefit to us if we were to eat them
An Irritating Item Of Food
They will not be available to eat a lot because people look at them as an irritating item of food in their mouth. That, and the fact that is it seen as not a real part of what they are eating. That is not true.
They really should be welcomed into the diet for all of the good that they provide.
In effect, we have grown good at discarding the healthiest part of the foodstuff.
The proteins which are in the seed differ significantly in their amino acid content. So, in other words, different seeds have considerably different benefits. But when eaten in the best form, they supply us with lots of proper, healthy nutrients.
Just to clarify, did you know this –
Grains are the seeds of grasses such as wheat and corn.
Nuts are the seeds of trees, such as hazelnuts and walnuts.
And beans are the seeds of legumes such as chickpeas and soya beans.
So, you see, you are probably already consuming seeds anyway yet you do not know it. So, when you ask are seeds good for you, the answer is YES THEY ARE.
So, Are Seeds Good For You, Here Are The Top 3 Seeds For You To Eat
- You can enjoy a handful (Quarter of a cup) of Sunflower seeds at any time as they are available all year round. So, are seeds good for you then? Well, this is just an example, but yes.
- The primary fat-soluble antioxidant is in the vitamin E. This is something that sunflower seeds contain a lot. VITAMIN E has also been proven to reduce the hot flashes in menopausal women. And on top of this, it has links to the reduction of strokes in both sexes. And it reduces the chance of colon cancer.
- They too have links to the lowering of cholesterol. Containing Phytosterols are the compounds in plants which. When present in our diet in good enough amounts, they help to reduce the blood cholesterol.
- Magnesium is also present in high quantities in sunflower seeds. And this may also help to reduce the chances of suffering a stroke. It too can also help to lower your blood pressure.
- Selenium, there is a lot of them in these seeds. That can aid us in the protection against certain cancers. So, all in all, a high grain to ingest.
- Sesame seeds are yet another fantastic seed to eat. They are available to purchase all year round. Moreover, you mainly use them in Asian cooking. But you can eat just a handful to optimize your health.
- Copper is the primary nutrient which the sesame seed contains although they do contain a lot more. This copper assists with some pain relief and helps the swelling in people living with arthritis.
- Some of the primary nutrients that they contain are vitamin B1, zinc, magnesium, iron, phosphorous and selenium. They are not essential but are very important for the body. Your body gets these nutrients from other sources, but it never hurts to add some via this natural and healthy way.
- In particular, they contain a lot of manganese. Magnesium helps to promote a healthy respiratory (Breathing) system in humans.
- As you may guess, the leading growers of the sesame seed are India, China and perhaps more surprisingly, Mexico.
- And finally the very little pumpkin seed. Now I must say that the primary benefit (Amongst others) is for protection against prostate cancer in males.
- They contain potent kinds of antioxidants known as carotenoids. This plant-based antioxidant helps the immune system in fighting lots of the diseases it faces.
- They also contain a good supply of zinc, and as we already know, zinc is a fantastic nutrient to ingest for our bones. Also, they too provide a lot of omega three fatty acids. That too, again, is fantastic for the skeletal system (Bones)
- The zinc, magnesium, and antioxidants which they supply us may also contribute towards heart health!
So, if you are still asking are seeds good for you, then I think it is very safe to answer you. Yes, indeed they are. They do not take up a lot of physical room so it would be straightforward to carry around 2-3 handfuls to snack on throughout the day.
The nutrients they provide are up there with the best healthy foods. You do not need all that many of them to gain all of their benefit which is undoubtedly a great thing. Right? Yes, it is, and they should be a part of any healthy weight loss diet.
You see, once you have got your diet under control. Then, all that you need to have is the other half of the equation. For your weight loss attempt to be a success. I am of course referring to the exercise. Go to this link “Home gym fitness equipment” to see some hand-picked items. They will take you quickly to success with your weight loss mission.
Please leave any comments or questions below, and I’ll reply within 24 hours.