Well, there is a lot to say about this fruit. But, how healthy is banana in general? Well, they are 4th largest fruit crop in the world. We all know what a banana looks like but probably didn’t know the technical term herbaceous perennial.
Not only are they a great foodstuff for us. But they are a kind of symbol of warm tropical countries where they grow most readily due to this kind of climate. It is actually a good flowering plant whose fruits we to really enjoy eating.
The Banana Tree
The fruits themselves develop parthenocarpically. This means that the plant does not require pollination and thus where there is a banana tree/plant you will nearly always find the fruits. Bananas.
When cross-pollination does occur it is with the wild types and this results in seeded varieties of the banana. Just imagine a seeded banana? The banana will actually grow in most soils as long as it has good drainage.
With this said, what does it mean for you I hear you wonder?
Now I’m sure that most of us just assume that because it is a fruit. Then it has to be good for us, right? Most people just think up until that point. But I am going to say to you its many benefits. If you do not eat bananas on a regular basis? Then my aim is to steer you towards the eating of these delicious fruits.
How Healthy Is Banana? The Benefits
- For number one – They are by far and away the easiest way without taking supplements to get the mineral potassium inside you. Now, within the medical community, they believe that potassium is a great reliever of high blood pressure. This is something that is in this book
- Another benefit of the potassium in these bananas is that they slow down the excretion of calcium in our urine. Calcium is what most forms the very painful feature of kidney stones. So what do we take from this? That’s right eating bananas helps to fend these irritations (all be it painful ones) off.
- Take a moment to think, have you ever seen athletes or sports stars eating a banana or two before their performance? Of course, you have! Unless it has something to do with their sponsors they choose to eat these over those often unhealthy “Sports drinks” and “sports nutrition” bars as these are full of unhealthy ingredients in actual fact.
How Healthy Is Banana, More Benefits
- A supreme benefit for weight loss is the fact that they are only around 100 calories which are nothing for the energy that they WILL provide you with. They are just sweet enough to to be able to satisfy a person’s often occurring sweet tooth.
- So there is one major positive to eating bananas. Just replace all your “junk ” foods and bad snack foods with a banana or two. They will curb your hunger pangs as well as provide you with much-needed energy. The energy that you probably weren’t aware you were lacking in until you eat these fruits. And then you realize your bodies full potential when it has energy. Surely getting rid of all of these “junk” foods is good for your weight right? Well, let me categorically tell you it is!.
- As well as potassium they contain they also have a great amount of vitamin B6, manganese, and magnesium.
How Healthy Is Banana? More Benefits
- We need these minerals and vitamins from various food sources in order to function at the best level of health.
- They are amazing for enhancing your mood for the better and they also help to reduce stress levels. There’s an essential, very important amino acid that is Tryptophan.You can only have it in the body from the foodstuffs that we eat.
- Although bananas are not a massive deliverer of this amino acid they do contain some so you will be boosting your level of this every time you consume one. Tryptophan, as I said previously, helps to regulate your stress levels.
- There is currently some speculation taking place about the bananas cancer-fighting properties. They have links to us producing TNF-a ( tumor necrosis factor) Now experts say this compound encourages and even helps in the production of white blood cells. Thus a better immune system.
How Healthy Is Banana, Well, You Don’t Have Alone As Well
Please let me remind you that bananas you don’t have alone as well. Not if you don’t want to. They are brilliant for cutting up and putting on your cereal for example and as for weight loss. Well like I said just replace ALL of your “junk” snacks and get all of the health benefits of bananas
Remember if your desire is true to lose your excess weight then you will make this small but very good change in your diet. It may be a small change but the but it will have a big effect. The large person (that is you) which you see is something that you will see becoming smaller if you do as I suggest.