You’ve scoured the internet far and wide for the “secret” on how to lose a lot of weight fast, and maybe you’ve tried some of the methods, Or you’ve tried some of the products, but I certainly know you’ve been disappointed. When it comes down to it, you want to lose that weight because you want to look good naked right?
- 1 Here Is One Of The Best Diets To Lose Weight Fast
- 1.1 What Should You Know When It Comes To How To Lose A Lot Of Weight Fast (And Why This Plan Will Work)
- 1.2 Reason number 1: Leptin
- 1.3 Reason number 3: Training
- 1.4 How To Naturally Lose The Weight
- 1.5 Step 1: Create a caloric deficit
- 1.6 Step 2: Lessen your meals down to 1-2 a day. 3 Maximum
- 1.7 Step 3: Up your meat and vegetable intake
- 1.8 Step 4: Start training every day. More days weight lifting, rather than cardiovascular work.
- 1.9 How To Lose A Lot Of Weight Fast If You Have Some Fat To Lose
- 1.10 And then repeat.
Here Is One Of The Best Diets To Lose Weight Fast
You want to lose it fast because it’s things such as summer approaching, an event, or that good looking person you want to impress to take on a date or just take her back to your room. I get it. You’re tired of all the bull, and you know what? I am too. So, I want to give you the most no-nonsense advice when it comes to the know-how on losing a lot of weight fast and get healthy. Before we get to it, however, here’s a few things to consider:
- Weight comes in the form of muscle from your biceps all the way down to your organs. The weight is also from your bones, your water and glycogen retention, and of course, the one you want to get rid of the most: FAT. The name of the game is preserving muscle, being a big boy, and looking shredded (AKA losing fat).
- If you want to lose an appreciable amount of fat in the shortest time possible you’re going to have to be very disciplined and TRAIN, and EAT right (which I’m going to outline soon). No program or plan in the universe, no matter how good it is, is going to work if you just half ass everything, don’t give it the fullest effort, and you aren’t consistent or disciplined.
- This plan on how to lose a lot of weight fast is going to require you to be healthy, so make sure you get a doctor’s approval that you don’t have any medical conditions
- Finally, you’re going to have, to be honest with yourself and know how much body fat you have (body fat being, how much percentage you have on your body). If you don’t know what your body fat percentage is, then you should buy an Accu-measure and do it yourself, Or, just as said, be honest with yourself. And know if you have a lot of fat to lose, aren’t fat, but still have a bit, or learn (and this post is going to talk about the former two rather than the latter).
What Should You Know When It Comes To How To Lose A Lot Of Weight Fast (And Why This Plan Will Work)
Now, I’m not going to get too technical and keep it as simple as possible, because, after all, I hate jargon, and I bet so do you. The thing holding a lot of people back is a hormone called LEPTIN. Remember this hormone, and it’s crucial.
Reason number 1: Leptin
Leptin is the drill serjeant, the commander of speaking, that tells your body whether it’s starving or not. That is important because if it tells your body it’s starving, then it will HOLD ON TO ALL YOUR FAT and you will LOSE MUSCLE. That is why you’ve heard of people dieting, and eating so little but not losing any weight, because leptin is trying to keep your body alive. Remember, dieting is another form of stress after all!
So the plan is, to KEEP LEPTIN HAPPY. But here’s where knowing your body fat percentage counts and being honest with yourself with how much fat you must lose. Which I’ll explain why in a minute.
Reason number 2: Protein, The 2nd thing about this meal plan,
is it has to be rich in protein. I know you might be thinking “is it that simple?” And yes, yes it is. It has to be a huge component of any meal plan since protein is shown to preserve lean body mass.
In other words, it will let you keep your hard-earned muscle (1,2), and you’ll feel fuller, which means you’ll naturally eat less, and therefore be able to lose the weight easier (3). There’s a wealth of evidence that protein plays a huge role in weight loss, so any plan that calls for minimal protein, you should take it with a grain of salt.
Reason number 3: Training
Training is, of course, a cornerstone of anyone hoping to get some extreme results. Which of course I’ll detail a simple method and strategy after we cover the nutrition side of things.
I know, you might think this is all highly confusing, and there’s no way you’d figure it out yourself, but luckily I’m here to tell you how to do it.
Now with that said, let’s move on to a plan of attack depending how much fat you have to lose. Starting with, if you have a lot of fat to lose (and for the ones that don’t, do not read past it, because I’m going to talk about leptin there).
How To Naturally Lose The Weight
This is a dead set way of how to naturally lose the weight. Here’s the final thing to know about leptin: leptin stores are higher in proportion to your body fat (4).
In English: The more body fat you have, the more leptin is happy. As you get leaner, you’ll have a harder time decreasing fat. A fact.
Before I continue further, I should state the obvious here: You should cut and limit all the “junk” food and beverages. If you want to lose weight fast, I’m not here to lie to you, you’re going to have to make a sacrifice, and you’re going to have to do this. You’re going to have to eat healthily. Some good news is this, however: You don’t have to give up the junk food forever.
As was stated, when you get leaner, your leptin stores are decreased. That means you actually can eat junk food to make your leptin happy, and in cases, it’s necessary. So, as you get leaner, you can then get away with a lot more. But first, you have to earn your food, so to speak!
So if you are at the stage right now where you have a lot of fat to lose, then here’s what we should do right now step by step:
Step 1: Create a caloric deficit
My best advice is to sit down, actually calculate how many calories you should intake a day to maintain your weight, and reduce that by 750-1000 per day. That is a good place to start because you can reduce the calories you eat a day a lot and lose weight fast just from that and training. Seriously, a few weeks if you are consistent with this and you’ll be a changed person if you don’t give into temptation and stick to it religiously.
Step 2: Lessen your meals down to 1-2 a day. 3 Maximum
The reason for this is simple: You’re going to get hungry with the big reduction of food already. You’re going to notice 1000 calories without issues. Spreading it over six meals is not going to be a good idea for most, and you certainly don’t have time just carrying everything everywhere eating every three hours if you have a job right? So bigger meals are going to leave your more satisfied. My best advice is to have your larger meal, the more of a portion of your calories at night for dinner.
Step 3: Up your meat and vegetable intake
You should base your meal plan around meat and vegetables. Vegetables being anything with high fibre such as broccoli, spinach, etc. Meat being whatever is fresh and not processed. Upping your meat intake along with vegetables is going to be where you get your protein from, and you’ll notice you’ll get fuller just by that. If you stuck with only these two food groups, you’re going to see an enormous difference in just a few weeks. Don’t worry about the fat on the meat either, eat it.
Step 4: Start training every day. More days weight lifting, rather than cardiovascular work.
Now, don’t kill yourself every day of course. The very fact that you are are training every single day will make you burn off more calories. It will take your body use the food you eat to good use rather than store it, and it’s going to get your body wanting to move more. That last point, by the way, is probably the biggest point you’ll take away here today.
The reason you should lift more days than cardio is that it will give you a better benefit to your muscles and body for fat loss. The formula here is simple: Train full body movements like deadlifts, bench presses, squats, avoid machine exercises, do a weight that is challenging, and if you are too sore and too tired, do some cardio until you don’t feel too bad and do it again.
Forget about if someone tells you to train your body every other day, do body part splits, etc. All that stuff is nonsense. Extreme results come from a lot of effort, and your body adapts to the workload and labour you feed it over time. Remember those words: The body adapts. Make it change to clean eating and hard training, and if you’re someone who hasn’t done this before, then you can watch your body transform, which is what this section was an attributing to for sure.
How To Lose A Lot Of Weight Fast If You Have Some Fat To Lose
This is going to be for people who haven’t got a lot of fat, but still do have fat. That would be for people who, when flexing their stomach can see the top two part of their abs barely, or for ladies, kind of see a shape in the midsection barely. That is going to be a little more “fun”.
You base this around cycling your calories, but also your macro-nutrients (protein, carbohydrates, fats, etc.) You don’t have to do much planning necessarily here. But to do this plan you’re going to need quite a bit of protein powder to help your protein needs out, and of course, meat.
We’re going to kick this plan off with what is called an “eat whatever you want” window. That is a 2-hour window where you just eat whatever you want. Pizza, ice cream, etc. The reason for this is to keep your leptin stores happy, replenish your glycogen, and allow the metabolism to run happily.
You are overfeeding on purpose, for the purpose of keeping your leptin stores happy and not making your body think it’s starving so it doesn’t hold onto fat (remember the lesson I said at near the start?) So in essence, we are “tricking” the body and making it lose fat.
If you’re still an unbeliever that this will work, and is too good to be true, then consider the benefits of temporary over-feeding:
- Restored metabolic markers, energy expenditure, and hormonal functions, back to when you first start dieting. (Meaning, it’s as if you constantly have high leptin stores in your body) (5). “leptin may have a stimulating effect on fat oxidation…subjects with greater leptin sensitivities are more successful in reducing weight.” (6)
- Overfeeding has been shown to replenish your sex hormones (like testosterone, which will be lower with long-term dieting! Which is no good for fat loss and muscle gain or preservation), it speeds up your metabolism, and it can increase the response from your adrenal glands. (7).
Excited? You should be. The trick here for massive weight loss fast (while enjoying your favourite treats) is simple: you have to take advantage when leptin levels are high, and then replenish your leptin levels when they get low. It’s the equivalent of you shooting a million rounds of that mini-gun they use in the Terminator movie, to destroy your targets (in this case, your fat), and reloading when you’re low on ammo (restoring leptin). So here’s your plan on how to do this from day 1 to day seven right after your first gorge.
This plan is how your plan is going to look like all the way from Day 1 to Day 7 (which you are going to repeat.)
Day 1 (after your time of over feeding): Full day fast
Drink only protein shakes. That is also known as something called a Protein Sparring Modified Diet, which is made popular by the likes of people such as Lyle McDonald. The premise here is to have a protein shake that is at least 45 grammes of protein. 5-6 times in the day, every 2-3 hours. The reason for this day is so your muscles won’t be catabolized since you are ensuring your body gets the protein it needs. Now also, since the day before you’ve gorged yourself with food, your leptin levels today are going to naturally, be at their highest, and you want to take full advantage of that. So if you can, do some cardio, or strength train.
Day 2: Meat and green vegetables only.
To further help the fat loss, we’re going to eat only meat and vegetables. The reason is simple: Get enough protein, to ensure you are maintaining your muscle mass, and cutting out the calories still by not having carbohydrates. The reason for not having carbohydrates is that your body still has quite a bit, from the overfeeding day, and you are using your reserves.
Remember, body fat is your reserves too, and since the body is still primed up to use them since leptin is high, we are going to do our best to take advantage of it. Eat as many vegetables as you want, and when it comes to meat, I suggest eating fatty meat for this day. Stick with eating three meals, no snacking.
Day 3: Medium Carbohydrates and meat along with vegetables
This day, to ensure you still have more energy to get through your workouts for the week. You’re going to have 30-40 grammes of carbohydrates that can come in the form of rice, potatoes, etc.suggest eating, along with your meat and suggest lean meat for this day (stuff like chicken breast, without skin). Stick to your 3 meals a day template.
Day 4: Low carbohydrates with meat and vegetables
It’s just like yesterday, but now you have the 30-40 grams of carbohydrates for only 2 of your meals instead of 3.
Day 5: Lower carbohydrate day
Same as day 4, but now you only have the carbohydrates for one meal. Preferably after your training.
Day 6: Same as Day 2
No carbohydrates, just meat and vegetables
Day 7: Overfeeding day
This is the day where you have your pizzas etc. Two meals leading up to that you should just eat regular foods with carbohydrates. Your dinner will be where you fun stuff is. Pizzas, ice cream etc. Just remember, when it strikes midnight however, no more eating.
And then repeat.
As you can see, this way of eating to lose fat fast is to make your body cycle the calories, take advantage when it’s near completely depleted and then repeat, take advantage when it’s completely replenished. Some take away notes is, this eating style is a general guideline. The best thing to do is do this as is described and tinker it to suit you. Still gaining fat out of this? Tinker with how much you eat on the day you overfeed yourself, or add more low carbohydrate days (this ensures you eat less calories over all for the week).
Remember though, you must train at least 6 days a week for this to give you fantastic results!
You might be a bit confused with what protein powder to buy, or if you don’t have access to a gym, what equipment you can use at home for all this to be effective.
You see, once you have got your diet under control all that you need to have is the other half of the equation in order for your weight loss attempt to be a success. To what am I referring? Exercise of course. Check out the reviews at the top of this page and also check out the “equipment and aids” Located under the equipment tab, I am certain you will find something that is suitable for your budget, and more importantly, you.
Please leave any comments or queries regarding weight loss below and I will reply to you within 24 hours
1.Phillips, S. (2006). Dietary protein for athletes: from requirements to metabolic advantage.
2. Layman, D.K., E. Evans., J.I. Baum, J. Seyler, D.J. Erickson, R.A. Boileau. (2005).
3. Paddon-Jones et.al (2008) Protein, weight management, satiety. American Society For Clinical Nutrition.
4. Fried, S.K., Ricci, M.R., Russell, C.D., Laferrere, B. (2000). Regulation of leptin production in humans. J Nutr.
5. Rosenbaum M., et al. Low dose leptin administration reverses effects of sustained weight-reduction on energy expenditure and circulating concentrations of thyroid hormones. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2002;87:2391–2394. doi: 10.1210/jc.87.5.2391.
6. Verdich, C. et al. (2001, August 9). Leptin levels are associated with fat oxidation and dietary-induced weight loss in obesity. Obes Res. (8):452-61.
7. Matsumoto, T., Miyawaki, C., Ue, H., Kanda, T., Yoshitake, Y., Moritani, T. (2001). Comparison of thermogenic sympathetic response to food intake between obese and non-obese young women.