Again, you are most welcome to our reliable reviews. Today, we shall give you a review on the Schwinn 470 elliptical machines. This review will provide you a brief idea for whom this fitness machine has been made and what are the pros and cons of it. And then, to ease your purchasing decision, we will give our final verdict whether you should buy this model or not.
Firstly, before we go ahead, let’s make it clear that this review will be in no way be for or against the Schwinn 470 elliptical machines. But, as a matter of fact, though, we will discuss how easy to use and practical it is.
Who are The Schwinn 470 elliptical machines For?
And secondly, it is full of top-of-the-line features, the brand Schwinn Fitness brings the iconic Schwinn bicycling technology (i.e. Schwinn 470 Elliptical Machine for the people who want to enjoy the ambiance of the gym at home). The 470 model is perfect for fitness enthusiasts of any skill level who are looking for a low impact workout.
Pros Of The Schwinn 470 elliptical machines
This makes it easy to read your workout stats like time, distance, pulse, calories, speed, and more.
Long 20 Inch Stride:
A longer stride feels more natural and helps you to more fully work your leg muscles.
Motorised Ramp for Better Cross Training:
The Schwinn 470 is also one of the only Schwinn models to offer you motorized ramp. Ramp changes the slope of your elliptical path for better cross training. You can adjust it from the console without getting off the machine.
Cushioned, Articulating Foot Pedals:
The foot pedals are cushioned and follow the motion of your ankle as you work out – adding extra support and comfort. Plus, because of the front flywheel, the pedals are positioned closer together, giving you a more natural feel with less strain on the hips.
Charge Your Electronic Device:
Charge your tablet as well as any other electronic devices from the console. So that you can watch movies, surf the net etc without worrying about draining your battery.
Connects Goal Tracking:
You can track and upload your fitness progress to Schwinn connect online and track your progress over time.
Cons Of The Schwinn 470 elliptical machines
Calorie Counter Is Not The Best:
The calorie counter is not very accurate on the machine. It seems too low compared to other ellipticals.
Display Toggles Back And Forth:
You don’t get a constant display of all your workout stats on this console, however. As it toggles back and forth.
Coming in at 163 pounds, this machine is quite heavy. However, while this is great for stability, it does make it hard to move around.
Key Features Of The Schwinn 470 elliptical machines
- Features 29 pre-set programs (12 Profile, 9 Heart Rate, 4 Custom User Defined, 2 Fitness Tests, 1 Recovery Test, 1 Quick Start)
- 5 quick touch incline and resistance controls for instant adjustment from easy to hard and vice versa.
- Features Precision Path™ 20” stride length and 10-degree motorized ramp with 6 positions.
- Hand pulse grips are placed ergonomically for relaxed riding position and heart rate tracking.
- Dual Track™ LCD display with 2 user capability for multiple user setups.
- Features 13 display feedbacks (Time, RPM, Distance, Pulse, Speed, Calories, Resistance Level, Course Profile, Heart Rate Zone Indicator, % Complete Indicator, Intensity Meter, User Indicator, Goal Achievement).
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: 10 years frame, 2 years mechanical, 1 year electrical, 90 days labor.
- A 3-speed fan to keep the user cool throughout their workout.
- Water bottle holder to ensure the user stays hydrated while exercising.
- Maximum User Weight: 300 lbs.
Our Final Verdict Of The Schwinn 470 Elliptical Machines
If you like the brand Schwinn and want their first-class model with power ramp and backlit console, the 470 model is worth considering. In terms of value, this model is the best mid-level elliptical machine for home users.
An array of features is a great introduction to the possibilities of goals and performance tracking in comfort. And, as a matter of fact, the 470’s programs are ideal for customers new to elliptical machines.
Besides, like other machines, it does lack a few options that could better hone the user’s workout. Such as steeper incline and more flexibility in stride. But, all in all, there’s a lot of value loaded into this Schwinn elliptical. And we definitely recommend considering it for home exercise. Additionally, the price is very low which you can afford easily. It’s a good buy!
So, get fit on your own time and eliminate the cost of a gym membership. Especially when you can workout at home with the Schwinn 470 elliptical machines.